Friday, May 6, 2011

They're Here!

I bought a butterfly garden a few weeks ago.  It is a glorified mesh laundry hamper with a handle so you can hang it up or carry it someplace to release the butterflies.  I suppose you could also walk around the mall with your butterflies but I'm guessing they would not like it much.

The best part of the butterfly garden is the coupon which allows you to send away for live caterpillars. The caterpillars arrive in the mail with instructions that tell you, in a variety of different ways, "Don't worry, they're probably not dead."

Our caterpillars arrived today during one of the two sunny hours of the day.  Yay!!  This was without a doubt the most fun thing to arrive in our mailbox ever.  And boy, those caterpillars sure did look like they were dead.  Now, a few hours later, 4 of the 5 are perking up and crawling around the little jar.

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention I bought this for my child.  She likes it too.  Stay tuned for caterpillar updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment