Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dizzy Whirled

True Confession:  I can't handle things that spin.

I used to love the twirly rides.  The Tilt-a-Whirl was my personal favorite (remember how you could lean to make it spin even more?)  I liked that high swing ride where your shoes would sometimes fall off.  I loved that one ride where it would turn really fast and then the floor would drop out and you'd be stuck to the wall.  (Do they still have that one?  It seems like something people would sue over these days.)

Now I even get dizzy on the eastbound ramp of the Edens.

I am so looking forward to our vacation but those twirly rides are not going to be the mommy rides.  This realization makes me feel really old and no fun.

Update -- Eric claims he is willing to go on the Teacups.  Stay tuned three weeks from today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I LOVE the Tilt-a-Whirl! It has always been my favorite carnival ride. I hope I don't grow out of it too.
    The teacups are alright, but the Small World ride with all the dolls from different countries singing in caves really creeped me out as a kid. I'm not sure if the still offer that ride or not, but I don't recommend it.

    I think I'll like Polleywood almost as much as Bollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the Tilt-a-Whirl master. Kate won't go on it with me if it's just the two of us because I've made her pretty sick on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete