Saturday, January 15, 2011

Geek Squad

One of the disadvantages to getting married a little later in life is the stuff.  I like my kind of coffee maker, he likes his kind of coffee maker.  I like my cutting board, he likes his cutting board.  We have both a toaster and a toaster oven.

Slowly we are adjusting after six years of marriage.  We now have just one kind of toothpaste.  Our Diet Coke versus Diet Pepsi debate is over and Diet Coke is the victor.

But since we became used to having multiples of things, we don't feel the need to thin out our stuff.  It just feels normal to us.  We have two Cuisinarts.  We have two menorahs. We have two crockpots.

So, it didn't seem excessive at first when I connected our Apple TV this morning.  But now we have so many options for watching television I am somewhat humiliated.  (I don't know how many people really read this blog or I would be totally humiliated.)  DVD player? Yes.  Apple TV?  Yes?  Cable?  Yes.  On Demand?  Yes.  Netflix?  Yes.

Is there anything good on?

No comments:

Post a Comment