Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thanks for Sharing

I'm sure this happens to plenty of people who teach in J-Term.  Well maybe not, but it happens to me.  Every single year.  My filter disappears.  I just kind of assume that everyone I know will be excited to learn about the newest advances in HIV and other STDs.  Guess what?  Mostly they are not.

I singlehandedly brought conversation at a dinner party to a screeching halt the other day when I brought up the enchanting topic of drug resistant strains of gonorrhea.  I loudly discussed the female condom on public transportation yesterday and it was not even 7:30 am.

I'm very grateful for my good friends who tolerate this on an annual basis.  It can't be easy.

Now, do you want to hear about... Oh, you don't?  Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment